1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow for Michigan!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BIGWIV, Jan 2, 2004.

1. BIGWIV

BIGWIV Junior Member

According to the NOAA & our local weather babe on channel 7 news. Starting Saturday afternoon through Sunday Night 5-8" of snow!!:bluebounc With more snow Monday & Tuesday!!
    infact the NOAA has us with a chance of snow all the way through Friday of next week.

I know, I know we all heard this before and have got nothing, but maybee winter is here. For the firs time the weather babe said it looking real good that we are going to get this storm!

Keep your fingers crossed that we all can make a little
    payup THINK SNOW!!

2. chevy guy37

chevy guy37 Member

Yea, were forcasted for 4-7 inches in the chicagoland area. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Let it snow PLEASE......

3. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

I seen the forcast :redbounce :D Show me the money payup if it shows up

4. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

I just got done mounting my plow so I am ready to go!!!!!

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I love the weather babes!:yow!:

Hope you get lots of snow!:waving:

6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

LET'S ROLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5-8 inches here WE come.
    :yow!:
    :bluebounc
    :jester:

7. gee, snow sounds good about now! It's only 50* outside right now at 3am. Nice january weather, huh? Although 17* is supposed to be the high on tuesday!!! :D

8. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

as of 6:30 got rain in Jackson.......................anyone got the white stuff yet?

I cant wait :D I hope the forcast is correct 2-4 tonight 4-7 sunday

9. chevy guy37

chevy guy37 Member

Just got a new update from NOAA for lake in the hills, IL (my area)

Tonight: Occasional snow. Chance for measurable precipitation is 90%. Cloudy, with a low near 28. North northeast wind between 10 and 15 mph. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

Sunday: Occasional snow. The best chance for snow is before noon. Chance for measurable precipitation is 90%. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 25 by 3pm. Blustery, with a northeast wind between 15 and 20 mph. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Flurries possible until midnight. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a north northwest wind between 11 and 20 mph.

Hope we get lots! Good luck and stay safe guys!
    Later,

10. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

here's the NOAA report for Jackson MI

Tonight: Occasional rain and snow. The best chance for rain is before 10pm. Chance for measurable precipitation is 90%. Cloudy, with a low near 22. North northwest wind between 11 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Sunday: Occasional snow. Snow possibly heavy at times. Chance for measurable precipitation is 90%. Cloudy, with a high around 30. Northeast wind between 11 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Occasional snow. Snow possibly heavy at times. Chance for measurable precipitation is 90%. Cloudy, with a low around 22. North northwest wind between 14 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Monday: Snow showers likely. The best chance for snow showers is after 1pm. Chance for measurable precipitation is 60%. Partly cloudy, with a high near 23. Northwest wind between 7 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.

Monday Night: Snow showers likely. Chance for measurable precipitation is 60%. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. West wind between 8 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

11. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

you guys are lucky i cant wait till we get snow so i can try out my new plow:(

12. Did anyone else hear something about 3-6'' of snow for southern lower MI in the next day or so. Or am I just having another case of 'wishful hearing'?

13. Runner

Runner Senior Member

It's coming. Monday, and all day tuesday, I think. Here's a great link that tells the expected accumulation, too, unlike weather.com.
    http://www.wunderground.com/US/MI/Flint.html
    Of course, this is for the Flint area, but you can punch in your zipcode and get your forecast, as well. It says something about Detroit area down at the bottom of this particular page under the weather advisory notice. I hope this helps.

14. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

I hope it's true so i can make some cash!!! payup

15. from what I've just heard: winter storm advisory for tonight and tomorrow with 1-2'' inches by morning, maybe a little sleet, freezing rain, another 1-2'' at night. Tuesday: winter storm watch withpossible sleet/freezing rain with possible heavy snow up to 5-8''. The more snow the better!

16. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

it's looking good >>>> take a look at tue 5-9"
    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecasts/MIZ074.php?warncounty=MIC075&city=Jackson

Today: Occasional snow possibly mixed with freezing drizzle before 5pm, then snow likely. Chance for precipitation is 100%. Mostly cloudy, with a high around 26. Wind chill values as low as zero. East wind between 16 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

Tonight: Snow likely. Chance for precipitation is 70%. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. East wind between 11 and 16 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tuesday: Occasional snow, mainly after 9am. Chance for precipitation is 90%. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. East wind 8 to 13 mph becoming north. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Tuesday Night: Occasional snow, mainly before 9pm. Chance for precipitation is 80%. Mostly cloudy, with a low near 13. Wind chill values as low as -2. Blustery, with a north northwest wind between 15 and 22 mph.

:D payup payup payup