1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow for maine ?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Dewey, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

Been thinkin about it for a couple of weeks now and figured if it's not gonna snow then I'm gonna start up the mill... Soo I took my sander off... YOu wait and see if it doesn't snow soon LOL:rolleyes:
  2. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

No, for any real snow to happen, I'd have to take my plow off. Your sander being off won't do enough by itself, I don't think. I spent a bunch of "quality time" this afternoon getting my damn MM2 back on properly, so I'm in no big rush to detach it right now. (Long story.) :dizzy:

AccuWeather says maybe a flurry around 8:00 tonight, otherwise cloudy or mostly cloudy. (Their 2009-2010 overall winter prediction was for "normal snowfall" for Maine. Uh huh.)

Weather Underground has said 30% chance of precipitation for today from 10:00 on; they were saying "overcast" (10% chance of precip) early this morning when we were getting a little snow here. (Which lasted about a hot minute where it fell, too.) Supposedly there's a chance of snow from 7:00 PM on through 04:00 Friday.

If your sander and my plow were both unhooked, yeah, it'd probably snow like hell.
    Too bad we can't bill customers because we prevented snow. :D