1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow for Iowa late this week (whos betting)

Discussion in 'Weather' started by TPC Services, Jan 9, 2007.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

for all the Iowa boys in here who's a betting man and wants to bet on what we get thursday thru Sun??
    I'll bet $10 that its all rain again, they have all ready move the temp up from 35degrees to 44 degress for thursday and and saying only rain fri and flurries the rest of the week and weekend!!

All right kids whos all in for betting
    bets close at 6pm weds night

2. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i will take that bet 3-7in by mon pm

what are we betting for

3. TPC Services

for the above amount, that or lunch at hooters monday loser buys

And the temps are still risen 44 for a high now for thursday

I hate to be a downer but look at what its done so far, same crap they where sayin back in NOV tones of snow cold temps and woopsie big f--- miss to the south!!!
    I say we just get the ice thursday in to friday morn and thats it.

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Why dont ya wait on that hooters idea til end of winter? There seems to be alot of Iowa guys on both sites. Maybe finally we could do an Iowa meet?

5. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

lets do it im in littleo92 will buy when i win my bet lol

6. TPC Services

ha, ha, jce4isu those how laughs last always wins,
    there move the snow further south my the minute all take the nill to none still 3 days out

7. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Why do I have this feeling that we are getting all worked up over nothin??:cry: :cry:

8. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i can almost taste those wings good thing too i will need it after i push all of that snow

9. TPC Services

I smell victory in the air for the littleo camp, :jester:

:dizzy: As I said before I hate to be a debbie downer but the dew points are going to keep sliding south along with the precip I looked at NOAA's site and the dew is only going to be in the 10 to maybe 20 range which means way to cooled and dry air,

I see this one slipping away again to the south,

I hate this state more and more, wish I live in the north east where you do not have to relie on the low and high fronts to pass by , they get lake affect,:angry:

10. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

Iowa

I see you guys are talking about having an Iowa meet sometime. I would be in for that, especially at Hooters!!! Lets just set a day and time. Hell, everyone else on here does it, why not Iowa! Let is snow

11. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

what part of iowa r u from

12. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

what color is your dodge is it blue and your chevy maroon ??

13. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

looks like we have a winner payup payup

14. TPC Services

Close, The dodge is blue with a gray bottom and the chey is gray with a meyers spreader on the back of it. was out 16 hours sun into mon morn to much drifting plus I do not think the other half of the party pulled his wieght!!!! :realmad: then another 5 mon night because of the drifting again like those call back clean ups$$$$ blow wind blow, makes up for a ****** season!!

You one day the day at has to be on the weekend, Work in the afternoon at my full time job.

15. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

are you a framer i know i saw 2 trcks chevy and a dodge at job site by us both had boss mounts over on wickham dr in johnston

16. TPC Services

Nope I work for john deere in ankeny you where home pretty early i see on one of your post monday morning. heck I was just getting to my 4 place by then partner was not pulling his share

I think we have talk on the other snow forum about me needing some help, but your trucks where to big to do the town homes I needed help in, I may be picking up a few small parking lots if you are still looking for a few more hours of work?? its in the early stages right now. this guys not happy with his large mowing service thats doing it all now. crappy quality, thats what happens when you try to get big and forget about the quality . thats why I started doing this on the side and have been getting a little bigger every year that way I can keep the quailty in check!!! hope to go full time in 08'

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  17. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i could aways use work i was home cuz my v plow broke a line and gave a buddy my spare who do you deal with on your boss hawkeye

18. TPC Services

Ya same hawkeye, I was thinking a head this time, bought a few extra lines friday, but was lucky enough not to have to use them, seams to happen to me that **** breaks and I do not have a spare not this time:realmad: .

let pm your number well talk about those jobs my partner and I may get!!

19. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

You guys hearing anything about this weekend? I've heard a chance of 1-3 Sturday and Sunday.

20. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

lets hope i didnt make much last snow cuz my plow was messed up