1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow for CT ?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by danno, Feb 3, 2006.

1. danno

danno Senior Member

AccuWeather is saying snow most of the night on monday, and tuesday. This might be be the BIG ONE !:p

2. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

u sure u lookin at the right state..?

3. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

i was jus on i did NOT see nay snow for ct

4. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

lol it says snow 13-to 15th possible....they are so full of it....any one who can predict almost 2 weeks down the line is a liar:nod: :nod:

5. danno

danno Senior Member

Try AccuWeather.com

6. danno

danno Senior Member

Well, I think for the most part, its been warm. That`s suppose to change next week.
    If it`s been cold in the past, with all the rain we had, it could have been snow if it was cold enough.

7. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

Monday: Partly sunny, windy and colder. Winds from the WSW at 16 mph. High: 38° F RealFeel: 23° F
    Monday Night: Partly cloudy and seasonably cold. Winds from the WSW at 11 mph. Low: 20° F RealFeel: 10° F
    Tuesday, Feb 7 [Details/AccuPOP]
    A cold wind with times of clouds and sun. Winds from the W at 15 mph. High: 38° F RealFeel: 25° F
    Tuesday Night:[/B] Mainly clear. Winds from the NW at 10 mph. Low: 18° F RealFeel: 11° F

Where danno, wheres the snow!!!!!!!!! Lol

8. danno

danno Senior Member

It says monday night SNOW most of the night. Same exact words for tuesday night.

9. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Yeah, i think youre lookin at next week. I see it as the 13th-15th.
    Ut-oh snow for valentines day..the girlfriend might give me one of these>:realmad:

10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

11. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Yup it's supposed to get cold towards the middle of the week but it will also be DRY :angry:

12. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

everything is pointing to something next friday....that is a week off still, if anyone believes this 7 days in advance, they are crazy.

Ill believe it saturday morning.

13. SLSNursery

SLSNursery PlowSite.com Veteran

We are doing this instead

I'll believe it when I see it. This is what we are doing instead - Grinding up stumps and brush to clean up for the Spring, which is evidently here. Unless it freezes hard, we'll probably be pre-screening loam/compost next week. Hopefully it won't snow on the 14th and 15th. That is the day of the CGKA show at Adriaen's Landing in Hartford.

Grinder9020.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  14. SLSNursery

Here's another picture

This was a huge Oak log - about 4' across.

Biglog2.jpg

15. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i heard its gonna get cold

16. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

is that your tubgrinder and excavator? I seen that thing on some mega-machine show...very impressive peice of equiptment, not to mention expensive! :dizzy:

17. SLSNursery

We bring the tub in

We stockpile and bring the tub in 1 or 2x per year. We are thinking about either getting one, or getting a dump trailer to haul to the tub. It belongs to an associate of ours. We supplement the tub with the excavator and thumb along with a loader. It is the same one that was on Mega Machines - a Morbark 1300. Now they make a 1600!!!! Honestly, I wouldn't have the work to justify the cost, I'd rather add on to my building instead for that kind of money.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  18. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

snow

snow, whats that?LOL, anything thats close to plowable is music to my ears:D .Mabey if the weatherman says its not, it will.