1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow for CT

Discussion in 'Weather' started by CrazyPlower, Dec 30, 2005.

1. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

This one looks to be a sloppy storm. I think im gonna wait till its all over to plow it thats if we get anything

2. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I'm gonna do some pre salting, hopeing it will rip it down to pavement and wont have to do to much plowing.

3. PLANET

PLANET Member

All this rain:nono: is money down the drain.:cry: We need SNOWpayup lets hope:angel:

4. SLSNursery

SLSNursery PlowSite.com Veteran

The only upside of this holiday snow (let's not forget Thanksgiving morning) is that Monday is a holiday too! I'm on the coast, and pre-treating hasn't ever worked except when it's bitter cold. Otherwise, with the water volume in the snow we get, it all dilutes and washes away.

It would be nice to have some billing to send out in the next couple weeks. We'll see!

5. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Just came in from presalting and all the treated areas are down to bare pavement. Presalting works for me. Hopefully will not have to plow much.

6. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

I salted already too, but it looks as if we'll be getting 3-5 total. I already have two inches and it doesn't look like it will be stopping anytime soon.

7. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

1 inch here in SE CT coming down pretty hard gonna wait till its all done.

8. Groundmovers

Groundmovers Member
    from NE CT.

piggy1.gif

9. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

Just Pretreated On The Northshore, About And Inch So Far, Probly Be Back Out In The Morning Warmin Up The Black Ice

10. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

all u guys put ct for your place how about a town .
    anyway monday is it going to snow or rain :confused:

11. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

by the way we got 2.5 inches last night

12. Groundmovers

Groundmovers Member
    from NE CT.

I plowed from 5" down to 2-3". Highest in Woodstock, Thompson and the lowest working down to Killingly.

13. daninline

daninline Senior Member

hey your out in my neck of the woods, I went out last nite til 2:30 am since I was going to the Pats game today.

Also it looks like more Monday night and I think I heard of more at the end of the week

14. Groundmovers

Groundmovers Member
    from NE CT.

...3-5 ....5-7"

15. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

this new storm everybody is saying somthing dif. 2to4 1to3 and 5 to 10
    what the f its the day of the strm and they cant get it right. what do they get paid for :dizzy:

16. Groundmovers

Groundmovers Member
    from NE CT.

...entertainment...

17. PLANET

PLANET Member

GREAT question viper. Reports from 1-10" this storm HMMMMMMMMMMMMM:gunsfiring:

18. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Just got the latest- possible 0 on the coast up to 14 inland.Got to love New England

19. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Channel 3 news has Meriden Ct at 1.7 inches by monday morning while channel 30 says 5 to 10 inches and the 10 + isnt all that far away. :dizzy:

On a side note my truck decided not to start today and had to be towed away.They said they MIGHT be able to get to it tomorrow :realmad:

20. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

well in waterbury the snow is sticken to the roads so hopefully by morning we got a nice 6in + on the ground