1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow for CT on Friday

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sbvfd592, Jan 13, 2003.

Will we get hit?

Poll closed Jan 15, 2003.
  1. Yes nice storm 6"+

3 vote(s)
  2. Yes 1-6"

4 vote(s)
  3. No not at all

7 vote(s)
  4. Rain

0 vote(s)
  1. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

How menny people think it will snow on friday? I have a feelling it will be a dud!
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

I voted positive for the 6 plus storm,but these weather forecasters dont have a clue. we wont know till friday morning. from what i understand a bunch of complicated parts have to come together for us to get hammered, and many are skeptical it will come together at the right time. im ready for some more snow though, so bring it on:drinkup:
  3. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

no snow

i voted for a big storm, but i think it will be a dud. we haven't seen white stuff here in about a week.
  4. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Hard to say, because the last couple storms have been nothing for me at the coast while MDB is plowing 6+ inches. But, I think that there will be something this week. Leaning toward a dud, so I voted the 1-6
  5. myo

myo Senior Member

I'm in MA, I voted nothing at all ,it is too cold for rain and weather channel people say the storm will be to far south to hit any of us,, but they have been wrong in the past. I would like a storm with 6" plus, that would help pay bills.
  6. bwamx

bwamx Member

Yea It will Snow When? They keep moving the date , 1st it was
    Thur - Fri now Fri to Sat.
    I voted 1-6 because this is our average storm.
    But a big one on the weekend wouldn't be too bad either!:D

Over 6 would be nice for the next bracket.$$$$

MDB : Matt I know your ready , looks like you have been out with
    a Bobcat or loader.
    You Have to hate hard piles when trying to stack snow after a few

Its been time to take care of things between storms if needed.
    Now get some rest and WAIT .:drinkup:

7. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

i wish if we would get 3 inches but i think were going to get nothing for at least 8 days
  8. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

It will most likely be like channel 8's new commercial for storm team 8, we won't get anything.
  9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

yeh bwmax, actually we hired a buddy to stack snow and move some for us there cause we ran out of room. From here on out im just renting a cat from penn rents. they gave me a good rate so after the next big storm ill have to rent again and stack more snow.