1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow for Buffalo, NY

Discussion in 'Weather' started by nms0219, Feb 3, 2007.

1. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

This morning we got 5" Right now its snowing so hard I can't see across the street. We already have about 9" on the ground. :) The weather guesser said that it should all be over by 11 tonight. Have to wait and see. Just wondering what everyone else is getting.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Same thing around the corner here. Went to the mall could not even see the traffic lights. Still looks bad north, nice dark clouds.

3. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

I know I went to pick up a pizza wow people are stupid. I cant believe how many accidents I saw. The wind really sucks.

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

PICTURES !!!!!! please:)

5. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

calling for 2 to 3 feet sunday into mnday in oswego cty.. im on the border.. we wll see. gona shift south closer to syracuse on monday and drop 1 to 2 feet.. lake effect is gold cash!!!!!!!!!!!

6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

We've been getting hammered since last night in Hamburg. It's actually been a white out all night and so far this morning. I'd say were getting close to the 2 foot mark now.

7. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Good luck.. everyone keep safe.. lake effect gets nasty.. saying and im sure your getting the same snowfall rates of 3 to 4 inches an hr.. keep it safe guys.. gona be a lot of snow bank pushing back and trucking away the next few weeks i bet!!!

8. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Cold as can be here. We ended up getting anywhere between 12- 16 inches. Lots of drifts. One of the parking lots we do had a 6 foot snow drift.:eek: All I have to say is thank god for front end loaders.:)

9. mon4t

mon4t Junior Member

same here in amherst 12-16 inches was out allday and all night but them drift in some of are parking lot and houses were 3- 5 feet in some areas but we don't have loaders we have 3 chevy trucks 2 with 7' 6'' boss straight plows with back plows and 1 with 8' boss v with back plow in the morning from 7am to 8:30 am it dropped 10 inches of snow then the lake effect came back about 5pm and dropped another 6 inches here area around the boulavard mall had to plow everyone twice which makes for a lond day. i think feb-march we are going to get alot more lake effect and these weather guys haven't have a clue on whats going on their just guessing on what might happen.guys be safe and have fun plowing.

MIKE
    JAX LANDSCAPING AND SNOWPLOWING

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Bunch of Bums!!! just kidding. You got our snow that we were supposed to get, but the damn wind at 40-50 mph blew it up to you guys. Have fun and be careful!!

11. DaySpring Services

Update: Still a complete white out, it's starting to look like 3 feet out there. Cant see across my street. It's almost too bad to be out there. Im already at the limits with some of my piles. Im a one truck, one man operation. No signs of it letting up.

12. DaySpring Services

We now have a driving ban in our town as well as surrounding. Here's a little eye candy.

DSC000601.JPG

DSC000612.JPG

DSC000623.JPG

13. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

Send some of that our way, PLEASE!!:cry:

14. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

im throwing you a bone cause i dont want to put my plow shoes on--stop at the new marrano division --theres only one house finnished back there -his name is tom obrien and hell pay good he says---gravel drive

15. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Snows done here in depew. Just dealing with the wind. Funny how you can go 3 miles from my house and its a completely different world. Anybody need any help just pm me. Got to do something to keep busy.

16. buffaloboss

buffaloboss Junior Member

Bored here

Anyone in the southtowns need help? Just send me a pm. No snow here in West Seneca.

17. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

dayspring did you ever get that one?? 997-9117

18. DaySpring Services

I got your PM this morning. I was out all night clearing my lots and driveways. I still have a couple to do and a bunch of sidewalks. I really dont have time to take on any more right now. Im really worried about getting more snow. I have no were to put snow any more. The management at my properties is going to have to hire a load and haul the snow out. Im surprised none of my family/friends have asked to be plowed...well yet. Thanks anyway, I'll keep you in mind too if I need any repairs. Thank man!!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  19. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

Keep safe bad here to.. drifts are unreal.. 4 to 5 inches an hr.. 2 feet or more.. im near oswego .. keeps coming.. and wind is nuts!!!!!!!

20. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

I have 2 loaders and dump trucks if anybody needs stacking or haul away.