1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow for boston tonight

Discussion in 'Weather' started by lawn king, Dec 31, 2005.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Forecast is for 2-4" overnight, on the cold side. Be careful out there people, it's the worst night of the year to be on the roads! :salute:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  2. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I sub contract plow for my town,but ussually don`t get called out unless there`s around three inches, but tonight might be different being New Years Eve, with alot of people being out and about !!! :D

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Yea, Id rather not deal with all the drunks, hopefully they will be inside by the time we all go out.

4. makplow

makplow Senior Member

If we plow, it could turn out to be a very interesting night! Alot to talk about the next day !!! :eek:

5. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

allll i want is for it to snow!!!!

6. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

1" to 3" i heard for north shore mass

7. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

ive heard them calling for 1-3 and 2-4" so ive got my fingers crossed that the town has us go out, Happy New Years guys.

8. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Can't wait to scrape! :cool: Who cares about the drunks, they hit you, leave 'em in the snow bank j/k

9. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

yeehaww

Just started to stick here in Danvers, coming down slow but steady. I plow for my town also and hopefully we go out. We should, with all the drunks goin to be out there i dont think salt will be enough. The towns radar is calling for 2-4 in my area so most likely I will be out, as long as i get to go out to dinner and finish is i will be happy. My reservations are at 9:00 at outback in peabody... good luck and be careful out there boys and girls :bluebounc

10. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Yeah whoever hits me with the blade on should be prepared to be opened up like a tuna can!

Stay safe boys! :drinkup:

11. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Remember, any of us may be being stopped tonight. Some cops act as if snowplow drivers are dumb and think they were drinking all day before the snow comes. :dizzy: I don't drink and even if I did, I'd not drink before a snow event.

12. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

i dont drink either.....BUT ITS SNOWIN!!!!!!!! i just shoveled the walkway and theres maby 1-2 inches already!!!!! i cant wait to get out there.....

13. JPLTrucking

JPLTrucking Member

Come on Snow. Daddy needs to pay insurance.... :redbounce

14. lawn king

new equipment

Looking foward to putting the new $4400.00 snowblower through the paces tonight! KUBOTA POWER payup

15. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Snowing light and steady here in south central mass. I think I,ll get my gear ready, so i`ll be ready if the hyw. supt. calls!!!! :D :bluebounc

16. JPLTrucking

JPLTrucking Member

Everyone seen the weather report for Monday-Tuesday. They are calling to Snow to start Monday afternoon, snow through the night (moderate to heavy accumulation) and then part of the day Tuesday with additional accumulation. They aren't talking amounts yet though...

17. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Yea, I heard the same thing. YIPI. payup

18. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

Ya 1 To 3 Tonight And Pm Snow Monday Into Tuersday Maybe Turning To Rain, Ya Im Allset With Dwi' Ers....

19. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

Got about inch and half here in SE CT looking good for 2 and a good plow

20. lawn king

not much here!

Under 1.5" here 20 miles south of boston! I hope we are not looking at another 1994 here! For those of you that were not in snow service back then, we had 1 snow/slush deal, about 3" early in the season. I also have new equipment so why should i expect heavy snow? :realmad: :realmad: