1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow for black friday

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wmik55, Nov 25, 2009.

1. wmik55

wmik55 Junior Member

just wondering how many on the site are expecting snow in their areas for the holiday and the big shopping days ahead. i am looking forward to seeing how my ex-walmarts do when it starts snowing,here they are predicting only a small amount of slush or snow. i would imagine some areas will be getting even more.
  2. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Over here across the lake I don't think we are going to get much of anything either. maybe some rain mixed in with a couple snow flakes.
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Looks like we only going to get, rain/snow Mix....

Only hope its enought to salt LOL
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If snow was ever scheduled for black Friday I'd plow in all the entrances so no one can get it!
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Rain here! Thank god
  6. GMCjim

GMCjim Junior Member
    from Idaho

According to our forecast, 70% chance with moderate accumulations possible on Friday. We've had about 18 inches snowfall this month.
  7. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Lookin like rain/snow mix here possibly more snow than rain !!! I was at the local wally world today and didnt see any equipment in the lot like I have in years past?? I sure hope they dont plan on doing it with just trucks this year! Cant wait to see this !!!

Also noticed the local home depot didnt have a pusher yet like they have in years past?

I will have to sit back and see what happens!
  8. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

I think rain here.... Maybe if its a mix it will slow some of those people down, black friday is one ridiculous day to say the least.
  9. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

GV you must be cracking latest start for winter in 61 year for Buffalo area. You guys are about a week or two behind.
  10. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Its been so oddly nice in Buffalo Im still making bed boxes for snow blowers and sand bags for both trucks. Ill be ready bye monday so everyone in WNY should exspect snow sat or sunday sorry.
  11. bamaa

bamaa Junior Member
    from NH

Oh, say it aint so. Bring it on:waving:
  12. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Amen. Just painted the plow today, had the heated near it so its all dry and ready for tomorrow's big snow!

Where in NH are you Bamaa?
  13. Lightningllc

Lightningllc 2000 Club Member

.5 inch in michigan tonight grassy areas only, Above freezing tonight and tommarrow, Eat turkey and drink beer your fine. Well wake up at 3am just in case it is michigan????? 6 inches tonight ?????
  14. bamaa

bamaa Junior Member
    from NH

just North of Concord working the Lakes area.Yourself Super ??
  15. LilRabbit

LilRabbit Junior Member
    from N.E. MI

less than an inch here. Im sure only grassy areas check www.johndee.com
  16. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

we have an inch on the ground of wet heavy stuff, not really sticking to pavment yet. prob have to atleast salt in the morning but the plows are ready. time for bed for the 2 am wake to check.
  17. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

What's it doing in OH? I'm at my parents now in PA.
  18. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

cloudy and cold.. nothing good yet
  19. the eggman

the eggman Member
    from ohio

rain, rain and rain:mad:
  20. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Well we ended up with some snow here in OHIO