1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Foil Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chcav1218, Aug 18, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Does the big steel snow foil make it difficult to stack effectively?

2. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Ran one on a Fisher for nine years, no problem stacking!

3. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

We ran a steel deflector on an older 7.5. the only problem we had was that it lifted the plow off the ground in 1 foot + snow falls.

I apalogize to any one i might have made mad. I would still like to use the site and hopfully learn some stuff. Went through some ruff times the past couple of weeks but thats in the past and snow is in the future so with that said.... LETS GET READY FOR A RECORD HIGH SNOW FALL YEAR.... hopefully.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

See the same thing at times. Foil wants to lift the blade in big piles. For anything other than higher speeds a rubber deflector is the way to go.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We actually had some 14 highway plows that the moldboards were shaped like a question mark instead of a C. In large storms they would lift the blades right off the ground when straight bladiing, we had to cut them and make the moldboards like a C. Sorry a little off topic but it made me think of it.

6. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

No prob... personally i think the rubber deflectors look the best. It breaks up all the yellow and makes the fisher splatter stand out more... if its still there.