1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow foil or rubber

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by camaro 77, Dec 21, 2009.

1. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

so lets here what is better I have an x blade and plow roads getting alot of blow over

2. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I got the foil and love it. Never used the rubber. Foil is kinda a ripp off. But it works great.

3. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

If you have an X blade, I think the rubber flap deflector is your only option (without fabrication work). The metal Snofoil is only made for the standard style Fishers. It would not be a direct bolt-on to an X blade, and might even be a problem in use due to the angle of the top edge of the moldboard.

4. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Yea rubber is your only option and kinda a pricey one too

5. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

I want to buy a rubber for mine, but 280.00 for a piece of rubber!!!!!! I can't have a foil, I'm an animal stacking snow I'll crush the foil for sure.

6. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Thats the reason I'm still rubbeless! Crazy money

7. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

I have a rubber on it now and was thinking about a foil they make it in the aftermarket the rubber is not that much if you look around we bought enough for 2 plows and it was $80.00 bucks and a piece of alum for the top and some time the foil is $300.00 just not sure it will stop the blow over

8. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

fisher gets crazy money for it cause it says fisher on it just like cutting edges are crazy money as well just look around we got the rubber from MSC direct I believe

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  10. white bullet

white bullet Junior Member

cut a piece out of an old conveyer belt. use flat iron on top.drill some holes to bolt it down & your good to go.Works with straight or V-blade. Hope this helps.

11. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

ya i posted pics in 1 thread i linked with mine like that.

12. ponyexpress976

ponyexpress976 Junior Member

rubber

Currently using a cut down piece of conveyor belt...got it for free. Spent about 10 bucks in stainless steel hardware and going strong for three years now. I just used large fender washers I had laying aroundn to prevent tear out.