1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Flying!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Duplantisjj, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

I know you folks without snow down in the lower 48 don't want to hear this but we just got about 4" of white stuff yesterday and we have a storm coming up the Gulf of Alaska which is expected to give us about 15" tonight.... :drinkup:

2. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

And 15" should be plenty for the year. Time for summer to come back. I saw - numbers on my temp gauge tonight and I am already tired of it. :sleeping:

p.s. You get the idea I don't care for Alaska winters ;) .

3. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Well at least you are getting to plow!! Crum, we don't here a lot out of you, everything going alright? :waving: BOAST

4. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

CRUMM!!

I thought you were heading SOUTH?!?! Good to see you're still hangin around. We're getting dumped on here today.. Lovin it!!

:redbounce purplebou :bluebounc :yow!:

5. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

We expect a little here tonight. Havent had enough to plow yet but have had to sand a few times, Makes sweeping a pain.

6. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I am still here in the cold. I had plans of heading south but they didn't work out. My job is just too good to quit. I guess about 19 more years and I can retire. How much snow you getting down there Kloan? The little snowflakes on the TV guide channel say we are suppose to get it tonight and tomorrow. We haven't had a dump yet this year. I think about 3" or 4" at one time is all we had but it has dropped snow many times all ready.

7. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Well, there wasn't much on the ground for the last week, barely a trace but, last night we got about 3" and we're supposed to get 5-10" today and even more overnight... Got a monster storm sittin off the coast just feeding it.. It's like Plow Truck Central down here today.. and it's gonna get wors.. umm., I mean better..

Sorry to hear your plans didn't work out. Hope everything is alright up your way..

8. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Well you better get out and make some money instead of sitting in front of your computer ;) .

9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I wish I was up there with you guys. :cry:
    I could plow snow year round. :nod: Send some our way!! :waving:

10. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Now, believe it or not but, we don't have snow all year round.. We DO have grass and it's green for 4 or 5 months in the Summer.. But, when it does snow, it's here for 5 or 6 months. None of that "snow one day, melt the next" stuff up here..

Crumm,

The sittin in front of the computer job is the one that brings in the biweekly paycheck that makes Momma happy. I'll be out after work hittin it heavy, lookin for flagdowns and potential customers.

11. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Junior Member

Not everyone in the Lower 48 are "blessed" with 9 month summers. They are forecasting a dusting for friday in the White Mountains. Could be plowable amounts anytime now.

12. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Still waiting in RI. then again, some accounts still have been dragging feet with the contracts.All I can do is hope it comes soon

13. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Snowing Again

I just looked outside and it is snowing AGAIN! Say it isn't so.. :dizzy:

14. The Boss

Quit getting me excited Crumm!! :drinkup:

15. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Yeah I am so excited :eek: :eek: We have enough.. I am going to get out my fig oscillating fan and see if I can blow it your way.

16. plowed

plowed Senior Member

how about some pics guys? We won't be plowing anything here for probably another month or two.

17. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Here ya go.......This is me working about an hour ago. :waving:

snowpic.jpg

18. The Boss

Must be nice. :cry:

19. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Looks like you are diving into the plowing season... Gotta love the early stuff all heavy and wet. Nothing like giving the truck a goot work out the first time out.

20. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Dark out now but I will try to remember to take some next time I am plowing in the light.