1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Flap for 860SW

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by MuskokaDon, Nov 3, 2008.

1. MuskokaDon

MuskokaDon Member

Hey guys, i'm looking to build a DIY snow flap for my SW. Has anyone done this?

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Yep make them all the time. Acquire some 2X2 X 1/8" angle and bolt it to the top edge of the MAIN plow from one end to the other. Then acquire some 8" or 10" wide X 1/2" thick rubber or urethane or poly for the deflector piece. By using 2X2 and using carriage bolts on the ends where the wings come back you can cover the wings completely when in scoop.

J

3. MuskokaDon

MuskokaDon Member

Thanks Jerre, sounds good!
    any idea where i could acquire the rubber from??

4. Jerre Heyer

Check with any of the gravel yards there for scrap take off for the best price on stuff. That's what we have been using on alot of them as they have heavy cord reinforcement.

J

5. MuskokaDon

MuskokaDon Member

ok i'll try that, thanks again Jerre

6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Jerre, not sure I'm following you about the wings. Are you putting separate pieces on the wings, or overhanging them? Any pics?

7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

try ebay under snowplows

8. Jerre Heyer

Only run the angle and rubber across the straight part of the plow. Nothing on the wings
    J