1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Flakes? WHERE???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BossPlowMaster, Aug 10, 2013.

1. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

Anyone else getting super excited about the 2013 plowing season??? I literally have spent many nights this past few weeks sleepless because of how excited i am about plowing this season. This will be my first year plowing with my own truck for my own "company". Any words of advice for this young lad?

Ps. Yes my truck is a Ford...I actually expect it to do work wesport

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Tell us how you feel after a few storms that start at 4am!

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Calm down! Lol. Seriously, that ecxitment can quickly turn into worry and regret. Plan, plan, plan, and lets hope your first couple snowfalls are a nice easy 2" on the weekend's. By whe way, it won't go according to plan.

4. BossPlowMaster

I get up at 3 am to start my route as most of my customers are needing their driveways open to head to work ! I'm an early bird but I figure there will be many sleepless days in the future for me. I handle It well though

5. BossPlowMaster

Its not new to me though. This would be my 4th season plowing snow. I've taken on 14" of snow past year in our biggest storm here in OshKosh and man did that suck but I was actually fastest to get my route done. And yes it was quality work.

6. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Thats my point, its different when its your accounts, your truck, your responsibility. You know how to "plow snow", now you are running a company. Much different. But we all started where you are. And to answer your question, I hate to admit it but yes :nod:, I am getting excited. Already looking for more trucks and a back blade.

7. BossPlowMaster

I am literally crawling out of my skin i am so excited. Must be this cool spell we are having this year... its normally 80 degrees plus!

"Getting an inch of snow, is like winning 10 cents from the lottery"

8. grandview

I can do without snow.

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It's hard to start your route at 3am when it doesn't start snowing to 4am. Then it's a mad rush to make places that open at 7-9am for business look presentable and safe for everyone who will be outside walking around.

An inch of snow can still pay big. Salting and zero tolerance places.

10. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Be quiet, Mr. Seasonal.

I'm starting to get excited as well. Can't stand summer.

11. BossPlowMaster

12. grandview

Thumbs UpThumbs Up

13. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

BossPlowMaster - Im just curious how old you are?

14. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

fourteen.....

15. BossPlowMaster

Actually i am 17, i have 2 people working for me almost full time. I do landscaping, lawn mowing ect.... Im going to college for landscape design as i minor and majoring in business. But thanks for the "14" comment. :salute:

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Not to many of us get excited to see snow, quite the opposite. The longer you do this the more it becomes a job. The more you grow your company the more stress there is and once you've been sued a couple of times you learn to run a tight ship.

Your excitement gave away your young age.

17. BossPlowMaster

Still my most favorite thing to do... dont care as long as i am pushing snow.

18. grandview

I've seen Cet ,he looks about 87 with all those yrs of stress.

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

But a young 87.

20. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

So, how old do you have to be to drive up there??