1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow finally in West Michigan?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by camp61, Jan 11, 2012.

1. camp61

camp61 Member

Maybe we can finally plow some real snow! 3 to 6 inches inland and 10 to 15 at the lake shore! Atleast that's what they are saying.

Storm Watch.jpg
  2. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

don't take all the snow you need to share. I have even put the plow on the truck yet.
  3. miderbier

miderbier Member

Ready in Muskegon!
  4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Ill have to see 10-15 to believe it. Fox17 out of GR this morning backed the numbers down to 3-6 and maybe a little more in the heavier lake effect bands. News8 is sticking with 5-10, so we will see. My guess is we get closer to the 3-6 mark, Fox17 tends to be closer IMO for most storms
  5. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

Same storm heading for NE Indiana.... Can't wait... We are in the 5-10+ area here too....
    I haven't put the plow on yet though. It seems as though - whenever I put the plow and get all prepared before hand. The storm peters out and we gat an inch or two. I am procrastinating here now. I will put the plow on late tomorrow afternoon or so when this storms seems to make it presents more known and of what it has in store for us after that..... I am ready for the $$$ here too.... bring on the storm....
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  6. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

ya there callin for rain where im at in michigan lmao...... DANG
  7. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Rain and snow mix where im at in Indiana. My plow is getting fat this year. Just sitting on the floor.

I love my Z
  8. tuscanvalley

tuscanvalley Junior Member

Maybe we will make a little money this year.Trucks ready to go .
  9. blazer2plower

Just rain last night. ;-( they are saying snow for the next fex days. I'll wate and see. I hope some of you make some green. This year
    on the good side I have been seling alot of mowers this winter :) let it snow let it snow. Lots ans lots of snow. If no snow ill go with
    lots of cold so I can get some fishing in ;-) how much snow did you michigan guys get last night ?

I love my Z
  10. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

I don't think they got anything but light rain overnight. I am 3 miles from the michigan line and it was 39* here when I got up at 5:30am. It was light rain at about 1:30am. Not supposed to change over to snow until mid afternoon or later. Temps to fall thru the entire day. I am still not putting the plow on til atleast 4:00pm. Bring on the snow and wind....!!!!!!

11. camp61

camp61 Member

No snow yet. Supposed to start around 6pm today. Hope to be out by midnight or 1am.
    I agree with the fishin' part. Ice fished the first time last winter on Dec. 17th. Still only a skim of ice on our lake. Snow on top won't help but, need to make some money too!
  12. blazer2plower

The ground here is all most 40 if we get the snow it wont stay ;-( the weather man is saying snow for the next few days thats good and
    Yes.plow and then fishin good luck up there on the snow.

I love my Z
  13. camp61

camp61 Member

Well it happened

Well we finally got the snow they were calling for. 13 hours in the truck and now 8 hours of sleep. Damn ground isn't frozen yet and makes it tough, but it felt good to get out there.
    Now for ice fishin'!
  14. InPlowBoy

InPlowBoy Member

We don't have enough ice here yet for fishing but, I was in the truck from 1:30am yesterday morning thru about 8:30 last nite. Then out again this morning for another shot from 1:30am thru 4:30am. Then out this afternoon for cleanup on a few accounts and a few full jobs after the storm.... Time for a good nites sleep tonite. Supposed to get down to like 3* or 5* or so tonite. I hope it is a quiet nite tonite. No plowing and/or fire/medic runs for the VFD.... Had to do a stranded motorist recovery this afternoon and then to the hospital with the driver in the midst of my plowing day today too.... Gonna go plug the truck in and get around to hit the sack pretty soon. TV is saying another snow storm from Tuesday thru Thursday here now. No rest for the wicked.... All I see is those $$$$...

Had one of my customers (contract) try and tell me in front of a store full of people that I hadn't fulfilled my contract and plowed before their opening at the store. One of my friends and a few other guys I know were in the store and jumped in to the conversation. I am Asst. Fire Chief here and my friend (Fire Chief of a neighboring dept.) and plows a little snow jumped right in and said: "If he wasn't here to plow before opening - What the heck are all those piles of snow from - surrounding the building in the parking lot?" - Her answer" - "Oh Yeah!" ----- then she preceeded to apologize to me and then to all in the store for what she had done and for them having to watch as she mad a specticle of herself and a mistake..... Atleast she owned to it - And then she was the nicest to me that she has ever been....

Gotta love bein' in the right and having friends to get your back.... Of course I wasn't backing down from her either... I was in her face too - When she accused me of lying and trying to cheat her.... All of her employees are afraid of her and won't say anything to her bosses because they are afraid of loosing their jobs.... I am not afraid and I was NOT gonna back down.... She offered me all kinds of free stuff to help apologize and make me happy... Told her "NO THANK YOU....!!!!" - And BTW - The next time you decide to chew my ass - You think about this and how in the wrong you were. Besides the example you made of yourself to all the customers that watched you in your prime.... She said.... I will think twice before I do that to you ever again.... I said: "You sure as he** better....

Sorry for this being so long.....

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  15. camp61

camp61 Member

Gonna check on the ice today! Maybe..........
    Put some more time in myself doing salting runs. Only about 5 hrs, though.
    It takes all kinds of people to make this world interesting. It's just too bad you had to deal with this one!
    More snow Tues., bring it on!!!