1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow fall totals by date?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by goodlivin33, Mar 11, 2013.

1. goodlivin33

goodlivin33 Senior Member

does anyone out there know how to or where to find snowfall totals by date. i want to record the daily amount that is on record vs my totals for the 2012 - 2013 season. thanks

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Easy--just google it. Here's one I found in seconds where my wife skis in Vermont:23'+ of snow----Thumbs Up

Jay Peak's Snow and Trail Report
    SNOW 24 HRS 0-0 in
    SNOW 48 HRS 0 in
    SNOW 7 DAYS: 6 in
    BASE DEPTH 30-62 in
    SEASON TOTAL 280 in
    SURFACE Machined Groomed / Spring Conditions
    LIFTS OPEN 9 of 9
    TRAILS OPEN 78 of 78

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Call your local TV station and talk to the weatherman also.

Had a client about 3 years ago that wanted official totals to verify the bill. Called the local weatherman and he the record for the NWS or NOAA for our specific area.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Where you get screwed on this is. You take a rule and stick in the snow and measure it. But for the weather dept, they have a formula to figure out snow totals.Many times we'll have more then 6 inches of snowfall ,but the official totals was 3 .

5. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

SNOW fall

go to your local NWS site, and it should be under snow/rain reportsThumbs Up

6. aclawn

aclawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

7. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

How do you not keep track of them as you go? It's the only way to be accurate.