1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by plowboy22, Mar 1, 2007.

1. plowboy22

plowboy22 Junior Member
    from ohio

LOOKING AT BUYING ETHER THE 8500 OR THE 8000 MODEL SNOW EX WANTED TO KNOW WHAT EVERYONE THOUGHT ABOUT THEM, VS A STAINLESS STEEL MODEL OR DUMP INSERT. ALSO WANTED TO KNOW WHERE THE BEST PLACE TO GET SNOW EX PARTS IS SENSE I JUST BOUGHT A MIRCO 375 UNIT TO USE FOR SIDEWALKS SO ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT. THANK GUYS.prsport

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Everyone I've ever seen is like 6k:confused: :dizzy: (new) so why not just buy a SS V box for half the cost and be done with it. Some guys really think they are a waste of money. If it were me, I would just go with a SS V box of some type, Ive seen them as low as 2700.00 (new)

3. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Where at in Ohio are you? I got my Vee Pro 6000 from Zoresco in Cleveland. I did not pay $6000 for it though more like $3900. I am thinking about getting the 8500 for my new plow truck but have not yet decided. I have had no (knock on wood) problems with mine yet. The only issue I have is with wet bulk salt not flowing 100% on it's own. Half way you gotta get out and shovel some down to finish.

4. hammerstein

Opps mine is the Vee Pro 8000 not a 6000.

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I just got quoted $3800.00 installed for the SnowEx Vee-Pro 8000 with the Optimum Flow Kit and Variable Speed Controller. Didnt think that was too bad. Paid $1700.00 for my 1075 w/vibrator installed about a year ago. :)

6. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Unless you run pristine salt and no sand through the 8000 you will have problems. And even then, it's just a matter of time before the controller goes out. Usually at 3am with a full hopper!

7. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

If you are considering the 8000 I would have to say pass it up and get the 8500. It is 10 times better than the 8000. So much so we are going to be selling the 4 8000 we have at the end of the season and replacing them with 8500.

8. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

We have an 8000 in a F-450 utility truck....vibrator is the savior. Have run wet material in it also sand/salt mix. Key is to keep material flowing. If there will be a lot of time between saltings, keep load covered. If it freezes, though to get it going again....

9. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have had a Vpro 8000 for 3 years now. When I bought it , it was a year old from a guy in Chicago. I did have to replace the controller a year ago. The first week I had it, I got rear ended at a light. It took a new spinner assembly and a auger and cross brace to repair it. I have run bulk salt, dry and wet through it without problems. The one thing I don't like about it is the flow rate to the spinner head is kind of slow. One of our co members here on this site took his baffel off and cut it down about half way, think I will do the same. I am going to sell it and buy a Downeaster dump insert. I am in Michigan and it's for sale for $1500.00 Send a email to flykelley930@aol.com for picture's. Will start a thread in the for sale forum later this weekend. I also have a dolly made for it the same height as the bed of my pickup truck, I unstrap it and slide it off on the dolly for storage.

Regards Mike

10. hammerstein

Does anyone have the 8500? I am looking into getting one put in my new truck probably at the end of this season.

11. jj112

jj112 Junior Member

My buddy is a Sno-Ex dealer and has a V-Pro 8500 left over. I will ask him how much he wants to sell it for now that the season is mostly over. It would have to be shipped to you from Philly.

12. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Let me know as I may be interested as well.