1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex VMaxx-8500 Salt Spreader-Chicago Area

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by DistinctiveDave, Mar 2, 2011.

1. DistinctiveDave

DistinctiveDave Senior Member

I was going to sell my 2001 Chevy in a package deal with the spreader and the plow, but I put some more money into the truck and decided to keep the truck so Im going to separate the salt spreader from the truck. Im getting out of the business and have no need for the salter, also lost a big account a few weeks ago.

Ive had the salter about 3 seasons. I usually wash it every other use. I added 6 leds to the frame and there is a little control box that goes in the truck to run the LEDS. I put an anderson connector on the spinner, the stock connector was a piece of garbage and I had connection issues with it. There is a vibrator that is mounted to the plastic box. The cab controller is in great shape and I have had no problems with the controller. The Vmaxx series has addressed and fixed all the issues that the smaller Vee Pro snow ex salters had. This salter has a full length auger and an inverted "V" in the middle. It also comes with a larger "V" piece for different flows when using a salt/sand mix or heavier wet salt or finer salt...etc. I do not have a cover for it, and never have.

This is a great salter, will hold about 2 tons of salt. Im getting out of the business and just need to sell it. Can assist in delivery. The salter is currently still on the truck and connected, so upon pickup unit will be demonstrated in working condition and then the wiring harness will have to be pulled out of the truck and 6 bolts hold the salter on the truck. Please ask any questions. Pictures can be seen of the salter on the truck here: http://rides.webshots.com/album/579754713FeNiMS

Asking price: $2900 obo

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Don't think you will have a hard time getting rid of that for that price. Good luck!

3. DistinctiveDave

Thanks. Its a great salter.

4. DistinctiveDave

Bump ttt for Thursday

5. DistinctiveDave

Anyone? Friday before Chicago Blackhawks game bump!

6. Duramax66

Duramax66 Junior Member

Still have the salter?

7. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

X2??????//

8. DistinctiveDave

Salter was SOLD