1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex vee pro 8000

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by stirling04, Jan 4, 2010.

1. stirling04

stirling04 Junior Member
    from Iowa

does anyone know anything about the Snow Ex vee pro 800 salt/sand spreader? I seen one post someone said they were junk. I'm looking at a used one any info.?

2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Have had one at work for 5 years now. Replaced 1 vibrator and welded plate (inside v-box) behind vibrator because it cracked.
    You need the vibrator to move the material....even dry 100% salt.
    Other than that, it's been great. I like the electric and would never go any other route.
    2 years ago I got an 8500 and have had a good experience with that so far too.....

3. stirling04

stirling04 Junior Member
    from Iowa

thanks for the info. i'm looking at a used one right now i don't know what year for sure. i think it's around 5 yr. old and i can prolly pick it up for around 2000 would you say thats a good buy?

4. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

That might have been me that said they were junk. IMHO, $2000 is way too much for an 8000. SnowEx quit making them for a reason.

They do work with pristine salt, but the capacity is very low for a hopper spreader, and they are extremely intolerant of moist material.

HTH...