1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow ex v plow

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by Bigk40k, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Bigk40k

Bigk40k Junior Member

I know they are brand new, but has anybody had any kind of experience or seen them in person and had any thoughts about them?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

SnowEx is owned by DD, basically you are buying a grey Fisher or Western. Will be same wiring, fleet flex.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

With the exception of the mount and lift, no boat anchor oot front.

kimber750 likes this.
  4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I've only seen the SX V at shows, my first impression was meh just another DD product until I the mount and direct lift caught my eye. The plow appears to be built very well, I prefer a direct lift and the mount is very similar to the BOSS mount. The SX locking pin system is nice because you can operate them both from one side of the plow. Another nice thing is you can remove the horns in the truck mount easily like a Western.
    Aboot 2min into this vid you'll see how the mount works.
    The SX V wood be my second choice, first being BOSS.

5. kimber750

Your right, OP should stick with Western on Fisher since the stack higher. :drinkup:

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

. . Wait I thought a direct lift lifted higher?

7. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

It may lift higher depending on where a chain lift plow has his chains connected but a direct lift is restricted on how high it can free float up when stacking because of the cylinder. Where a chain lift just keeps getting more slack in the chain.

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

. . You missed the joke. And not to be a whoha but your wrong.

SnoFarmer and Mark Oomkes like this.
  9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Time oot..... Chain lifts stacking ability are limited by the stops on the gear are they?
    Running Chain lifts for decades then going to a direct I see no disadvantage in the stacking ability's of a direct lift. There may be a few inches difference between the two so IMO it a moot point. The operator and snow's moisture content plays in the stacking ability as mulch of not more than type of lift.
    Now on to short chaining to get home, the chain does have an advantage since you don't have to use a strap as you wood with a direct lift. However if chain mounting point or the chain fails you'll need to use a strap.
    Plow bounce while driving is not an issue at any height with a direct lift where a chain lift you need to be on the stops on the head gear to prevent bouncing. Those same stops limit the stacking ability for those who may have already forgot aboot that.....

10. kimber750

11. Mark Oomkes

And here/hear we go..........

12. kimber750

It took so little to get it going. :laugh:

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  13. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

14. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

agreed...let's get back on topic "fellas" :terribletowel::rolleyes:

thanks

SnoFarmer and BUFF like this.
  15. Mark Oomkes

Defcon isn't even in this thread and ewe ewesed the :terribletowel:smilie?

16. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Okay as I said, back on topic please

17. Bigk40k

Bigk40k Junior Member

Off topic is where I learn the most:popcorn:

BUFF, LapeerLandscape and Mark Oomkes like this.
  18. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

LOL..... The wooden spoon is a double edged weapon and must be used with extreme caution.......

Snow Ex does have a pretty good presents on the Front Range from Pueblo to Cheyenne with one dealer on the western slope in Eagle. I think Horizon is the distributor in Co (could be wrong) http://www.horizononline.com/stores/colorado and if a dealer doesn't have a plow on the floor to look at the distributor should. They have store in Littleton and the Co Springs.