1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex V-6000

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DAVE IN BUFFALO, Sep 27, 2003.

DAVE IN BUFFALO Junior Member

I stumbled across a brand new in box snow ex vee 6000 for $2000.00. The man is going to help me install it next weekend. He is a local guy that sells that kind of stuff, and I guess the Dealer took the line away from him. Any way, he swears by the product . I looks great...poly...2 separate motors...vibrator...& auger...Variable speeds..It looks like it installs fairly easily. Any one have this setup???and how does it work for you?? I read that the new model has an updated vibraror....I'm only using salt..Hopefully I won't have any problem with clogging!!
  2. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

2001 RAM2500 w/V-PRO8000

save yourself a headache ..put a second vibrator on.. we had it installed on the underside of the box and use it all the time ..if your salt is nice and dry its great.. easy clean up...if your salt is wet youll have to take the plate off on the inside of the box right above the auger..otherwise it wont feed down also..make sure you take the complete assembly/spinner in when your not using it ...mine was stolen in NYC...only held on with 4 knub bolts...that and dont back into anything it will bend the shaft on the spinner...i just got a price to replace is $799....i paid$3200 installed w/2 vibrator...good luck..
  3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Do a search here. There are some good very detailed threads about those spreaders from members using them last year.