1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex tailgate spreader wireless

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ACA L&L, Nov 17, 2009.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

here is a link to the wireless spreader and a few others, we are looking to out fit a few trucks this year with tailgate spreaders with price being an issue. With that said does anyone have one or does anyone have any feedback on this wireless spreader. we were gonna go with 2 boss tailgate spreaders,($1200) delivered but for the price of these,($599) we can save quite a bit.But on the other hand we don't want to have issues in the middle of a storm. I did a search and did'nt find anything on this as it looks like a new product. Keep in mind we are doing small commercial lots and front entrance ways of larger ones, 2 passes at most.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  2. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

though I dont have any experience with that model, the snow ex site says it's only for small peletized material (calcium chloride) as opposed to the 575 and 1075, which say they are for bagged rock salt. I have a 575 and 1075 and these are good for bagged rock salt.
    The auger and opening for the model you are looking for may be better suited for calcium chloride as opposed to bagged salt. I have seen that model used on atv's and other small vehicles for walks.
  3. F450

F450 Junior Member

We bought 2 just to keep as backup in case something breaks, beat the hell out of a walk spreader, have not used them yet but would not think they would be good for regular use as they have a very small hopper. They sell one for Ice melts & another for bagged salt. sr-110 & sr-210 we got one of each. Plug into 7 pin & work off remote which is real nice as backup no wiring.:redbounce
  4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

I just wasnt sure what was going on with that spreader, i think i was blinded by the price, haha.
  5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I just saw this model at home depot today. I couldn't belive you can buy a spreader at a big box store. I use to have a snow ex the same size. It was the older model that had to be wired but it was the same spreader. It was ok but the fact that there is no auger on the spinner and it has a maual shut off makes it a bit of a let down. I used it for 2 years and then switched to a buyers tgsuv pro. It holds more has an auger and variable speed control . The buyers tgsuv pro works just as good as our snow ex 1075 it just has a smaller hopper. I personally wouldn't spend the $600 that home depot wanted for that little spreader. JMO.

, shaun