1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by FIREMAN Q, Oct 3, 2005.

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

has anyone used the snow ex sand pro w/ the swing away gate? I am considering this because of the swing away advantage. any thoughts???
    my other option is the speedcaster or proflow 2's.
  2. bigplow23

bigplow23 Junior Member

Fireman Q

i own a snow ex sand pro and a western proflow 2 they are both really good machines. i like how the snow ex sites on the truck with the swing away mount. we made one for the proflow 2 but it still sites high in the back window. both spreaders are a really good and spread salt or sand really good but the snow ex has the better truck mounting system in my oppinon hope this help
  3. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

I had a sand pro, just outgrew it. I liked it a lot. Never had a problem with it and I liked that I could swing it out and load a pallet of salt in the back. Obviously the other companies make the same deal, but the sand pro worked just fine.
  4. kyle volz

kyle volz Member
    from Midwest

Sand Pro is a hit

I have a SnowEx Sand pro and love it. The swing away gate feature is a must for easy loading of material. I have four SnowEx spreaders and have not had any trouble out of any of them. Try it, you will love it.
  5. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

Snowex 1875 Sand Pro is junk!

:gunsfiring: Had swing-away mount 1875 Sand Pro for 2 seasons. Auger motor broke 3 times. Can't handle sand (unless it's dry). Dealer that sold me it doesn't sell it anymore. They said they replaced so many motors that the company (Trynex) wouldn't return their calls!
    The swing away mount is nice but you drill the S41T out of your rail bed and rear bumper. You then have to drive around with the mounting plates all year long. That or remove and look at all the holes.
    I now have the Fisher Speedcaster II undermount and couldn't be happier. Completely removes and all that's left is under-mount hitch. It also has a third brake light.
    Only problem is I can't figure out way to load/unload snowblower.
  6. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

I've got the Sand Pro 1875 and have not used it for 2 years. If anyone is interested send me a pm. I will probably post it in the marketplace forum soon.
  7. JJ's Services

JJ's Services Junior Member

Butler tried to pm you but said i couldnt. I would be interested. Price/shape any changes in model since your unit to the present date accs etc. Thanks
  8. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

The only thing I don't like about my sand pro is that it hangs too low so you can't use the trailer hitch.
  9. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Yah, there are a lot of holes drilled into the truck for that thing. I never ran sand thru mine, only bagged rock salt.