1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex spinner problem. Anyone ever try too

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by plowzilla, Dec 28, 2008.

1. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Anyone ever have to get to the motor and transmission on a vee pro 6000 or 8000? I came across some bolts on the cover that at first appeared to be 'allen keyed'. After cleaning them out, they now look to be like rivets. I was wondering if this was correct and to get inside I would have to drill out those rivets? I backed into a parking sign and bent the spinner shaft. Wow does this thing bounce all over so it needs to be straightened ASAP. Thank you for your help if you respond to my questions.

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i did that last year ended up having to buy a trans, drill the rivets out start soaking the set screw on the spinner now and heat it up before you try to move it or it will snap off then you will have to drill it out

3. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Cool, thanks for the help.

4. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Spread till it fails .

Same happened to me 2 years ago with my sno-ex. Was told need to purchase trans and motor .
    Bullsheet. Know she just has a unique spread and she shimmys so bad I dont need the vibrator!!!!!!!!