1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex SP 575 question

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by bocefus78, Nov 30, 2010.

1. bocefus78

bocefus78 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Hello. I just got off the phone purchasing a sp575. Snow ex website says I will need a gate flow kit in order to spread pelletized ice melt. Is this true?
  2. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Yes, you will need either kit number GAK-020 or MGK-020 to help regulate the flow of pelletized and granular materials. GAK-020 includes an adjustable stainless steel gate, which can be controlled from the cab by a 10-foot cable. MGK-020 is a newer kit that is cheaper and a little easier to install. The difference with MGK-020 is that you can’t adjust the material flow from the pickup cab. You have to walk back to your spreader and adjust the gate by hand.
  3. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

What's retail on the mgk-020? Central parts warehouse and esi don't have the part number online. Thanks.
  4. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

This kit was just released in October, so it’s fairly new. List price is $89.99, but check with your dealer to see if they’re offering any special pricing. Here’s a rendering of what the part looks like.

5. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

I just installed this on my 575 looks like it should save the lost of a lot of product