1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex sand pro tailgate spreader in NH

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Detroitdan, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Snow Ex sand pro model 1875 two stage spreader with all the options. Seperate auger and spinner motors, so it will throw sand, I use it for mix. Also has a vibrator to keep it from bridging. Mounts on the bumper, not the tailgate, and has a hinge so you can swing it out and open the tailgate. New hinge and mounting brackets last month. Currently mounted on my 97 3500, I will include all brackets, hardware and the in-cab controller. I get the truck bed loaded with a yard of sand/salt mix, then shovel it into the spreader as I need it. Perfect for driveways and small lots, not big enough for large commercial work, unless you want to be in the truckbed shoveling it full of sand over and over. I only used it for a couple driveways ocasionally, it's about 4 years old but I probably havent run more than ten yards through it. Put a new transmission in it (auger motor) because I broke the old one by leaving the top off and shovelling it way overfull one time. So don't do that.

I don't do much sanding and have a bad back so I'm tired of shovelling it in. I'm going to stop offering sanding and give my sanding jobs to a friend, and I'm thinking about replacing the truck anyway. New this spreader was $2300, but I got it on sale for $1900. I'd like to get half that back if I can. $950 is reasonably firm. It works good and doesn't look too bad, has a few scrapes and dings from backing into snowbanks and anything else that gets in my way. Sticks out about 1-1.5 feet beyond tailgate, but doesn't block the taillights. I'll get some pictures of it today if I can. No shipping.
  2. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Wish you were closer to Ohio - I'd buy that in a heartbeat...
  3. firedawg

firedawg Member
    from S.E. CT

any pic ? and how far up NH are u?
  4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Epping NH. Home of N.E. Dragway?

Update. Tried to use it yesterday and it wouldn't work. Spinner and vibrator come on, but the auger doesnt work. Emptied the whole thing by hand to make sure it wasn't jammed, and it's not. Might be electrical, because when the auger transmission went couple years ago it was spinning, but had stripped out and wouldnt turn the auger. Now its not even coming on. Might have ice in, the box it's in is a little dented and moisture can get in where it shouldnt now. Too cold and no time to work on it right now. I'll fix it later when I have time and motivation, or I'll sell it as is for $500. Probably doesnt need a transmission, but I dont know for sure until I take it apart. No warm shop to work in right now, so it's gonna wait.
  5. CNYFarmboy

CNYFarmboy Junior Member

I am interested please check your PM thanks