1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex- Sand Pro 1875 Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Boss518, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Boss518

Boss518 Junior Member
    from WI

Having trouble with my SP 1875- turns on just fine but the vibrater is weak and the spinner & auger won't stay at a constant speed. They just keep surging up and down!! The digital numbers on the control box will not stop either!! Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Check all your wires and connections, quite possible you have a bad wire or bad connection. Don't forget the grounds either, bare metal is your best friend.

I had similar problems with my Snoway spreader. From the battery to the controller I had 12V, from the controller to the to the connection (truck side) I had 12V. But from the connection (spreader side) to the spreader motor I was loosing 1.5-2V. Funny thing was if I hooked a 12V supply directly to the connection, spreader side, it worked great. As soon as I plugged it back in truck side it was really weak and sometimes didn't even work. The pwr wire got really hot. Turned out I had a bad power wire. Once I replaced it, it's been running great.

Use a meter like a Fluke and make sure you have the recommended voltage going to everything.

Good Luck.......

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  3. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

sounds like you have a bad contol box very common problem with snow ex

4. Boss518

Boss518 Junior Member
    from WI

ok thanks guys!!

5. Boss518

Boss518 Junior Member
    from WI

FYI it was a bad ground! Thanks again guys!!