1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex Salt Spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PLCI, Oct 31, 2007.

1. PLCI

PLCI Member
    from Maine

Has anyone used the Vee Pro line of Snow Ex Spreaders, specifically the Vee Pro 6000. What is the general feeling on performance when spreading straight sand or salt.
  2. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

there are several old posts on the veepro 8000. I think the 6000 just has the smaller hopper. I have one 8000 which my coworkers had mothballed for two or three years. I had a special application for a parking garage. I needed to run bagged salt thru it. So we got it running. The unit is a piece of junk, and after struggling for a few storms, my company bought a true v box spreader with gas motor. Night and day.

I would agree with most of the other posts on this subject to not waste your money.
  3. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

The 6000 and the 8000 are junk unless you run pristine salt through it. One rock and you'll be digging it out for hours.