1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow ex problem

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ipushsnow, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

I know this is an equipment issue, but there isnt a forum for spreader issues in there.

Well my little salter that has spread hundreds of tons of salt has had the first problem. Snowex Mini Pro 575. All winter long I have had to get out and move the spinner back and forth a little after loading it or else the overload warning comes on. PIA but no big deal.

Tonight, spreading fine all night, then turned it off and when turned it on again the warning went off. So I go out and move spinner back and forth and light still comes on. Try it about 5 times and it finally works, but is spreading erratically. Finished spreading what I had in there and went back and looked and sure enough, the spinner disc would start to get up to full speed, the slow down, then speed up, then slow down. Luckily I was done for the night.

Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions on what I check first before I waste all a whole day tomorrow trying to track it down?

Thanks in advance.

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

check your voltage and see if it changes, if it does i would say controler if not then probably the motor.

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

If it is belt driven off a pully it sounds as if the pully shaft screw came loose.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Direct feed the motor, how does it react? test the controller with a muitli meter to see if it's providing constent current at the various settings..

5. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Same problem on my v7500.
    Motor was shorting out. New $260 motor and all is good.

6. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Problem was solved, the motor went bad. Good news, it was still under warranty!!! Thanks for the input guys!