1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex problem

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Gavins Lawncare, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

the spreader will turn on for a few seconds then quit and the controll box start going from 10 to 99 flashes between them any help would be great
  2. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

Check your connection back at the spreader. I had to put a new plug on mine last year because it was not making good connection.

3. Robertsturf

Robertsturf Junior Member

Snowex problem

Mine is doing the same thing and I've noticed the plug has swollen from all the road salt and Ice-Melt. I was thinking of ziptying it as a tempo fix. Don't they have a better pug for it??
  4. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

also make sure the plugs on the back of the control box are all the way in........
  5. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

there are several display codes that show in your manual
  6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

It is either your connections at the spreader or your controller is getting ready to die. I would check the rear plug first, I had to replace mine last year, it was not making good contact. If you need a new controller call Bob at Karrier. They make a lot better controller than snowex and it is cheaper.

Good Luck Mike
  7. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

got it fixed the motor was going bad took it to a buddy and he rebuilt works great
  8. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Yea , my 1875 will flash a code when it is either jambed or the plug was loose.
    No other complaints on the 3rd year. ~.^
  9. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Who is Bob at Karrier and how do you contact him. I have 3 or 4 SnowEx controllers that I would like to have fixed/rebuilt if anyone knows someone who does that sort of thing.

THANKS !!!!!