1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex pro v 8000

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by hillbillyexpres, Nov 14, 2006.

1. hillbillyexpres

hillbillyexpres Junior Member

i am considering purchasing a snow ex pro 8000. it is 2 years old. i am just wondering if anyone has had experience with these? do they clog easily? are they reliable?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Great if you're shak'n Salt, need a second vibrator and different baffle to do 50/50 mix, even then it's not top notch.
    Material selective, have to use the top screen.
    i've used one for 4 seasons and have been very pleased. I run straight road salt, no sand.

3. hdcust

hdcust Junior Member

does anyone know of a good place to order parts for a 8000? I recently got one used and it is missing the harnesss cable for the vibrator. Any help would be appreciated...

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

hdcust, don't know where you are located, but I just bought a Snow-Ex 1875 at Granz Turf Depot In Salem, was very pleased with the deal and the salesman was a real nice guy. If you're interested, number is 603-898-2871, ask for Ed. They are also affiliated with Stills in Manchester if that's closer for you, they seem like decent people too.

5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I used one for a couple of years when they first came out. Worked GREAT. Could put 2 yard in it with 2x12" on it and noy having to deal with a gas motor when its 20 degrees out was nice. The last year i used it we had a couple of problems...spinner would not start unless you got out and manualy spun it
    Just my 2 cents

6. hillbillyexpres

hillbillyexpres Junior Member

snow ex pro 8000

well i bought the pro 8000 by snow ex. the problem is the spinner shaft is bent.(shame on me for not noticing) snow ex tells me i have to replace the transmission to fix the problem. it cost 299.00. can anyone offer suggestions , besides be sure to look at those types of things before buying, i thought the people in howell michigan were honest, but i was wrong. thanks

7. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

It is a comon problem ...I bent mine back with some pipe wrenches ... and yes you do have to buy the whole gearbox.... but as a side note it actually helps out... vibrates the whole sander .. so mine is a little bent but I dont mind ...and if I remember it was like 250 for the box..(thru the dealer)

8. vanwhyjr

vanwhyjr Senior Member

Yep I did the same thing with mine. I backed into my salt bin one night and bent it. With a little prying and some luvin it works fine.:rolleyes: The only problem I have had with mine is that the motor for the auger burnt out. I bought a new one from Central Parts warehouse and it was back up in no time. I took the old one to a local starter shop and he fixed it for about 20 bucks so now I have a spare!! I also removed that baffel plate that they have in there. The thing flows like a river now!! I use a 50/50 mix of salt a gravel. I think I have put around 40 ton through it so far and it been good. It don't like to spread wet stuff though.

Good luck with it.

9. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I'm on my third trans. :realmad: CPW loves me!

Even when working properly you have to beg it to get the salt out unless it is perfectly clean and pristine.

This thing is a POS and I told the factory rep as much when he showed up at our meet last week trying to sell them. I bought a Tornado and we'll see. The SnowEx rep said I'll be sorry I did and that comment speaks volumes...