1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow-ex poly v box?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by the new boss 92, Jun 17, 2009.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i have seen a pretty small v-box on a truck before and was wondering if anyone makes one for a half ton? if not,would there be one suggestible for a half ton? i have seen a pretty small one that would fit in my bed perfect and i think it would work, just didn't catch the model number, but i know it was a snow-ex. I'm only looking to fill it half way no more in the beginning of the season, and only fill it up on jobs.

2. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

Both snowex & saltdogg make one to fit this truck. The biggest Problem is the weight of the salt/sand. The sanders can between .75yds to 1.5yds. Both of them make good units.

3. the new boss 92

alright do you know what the over all loaded weight of one is? approx 1yd material.

4. tinffx

tinffx Member

5. the new boss 92

alright cool, im thinking about a 6000 or a 1075 with hitch mount. either or will do the trick for me. what do you guys think?

6. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

The sp6000 is a great unit, holds 1 yard, I have one and would def buy another if it was needed. It small enough to store if you don't have a lot of room indoors and easily slides out with 2 people with little effort. hope this helps good luck

7. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

I have several snowex units and all I can say is they always work!

I have a 6000 as well as several 1075's and 1875's. You may want to consider the 1875. Similar to the 1075 in size but it has an auger feed instead of gravity feed. This gives you the option of material flow control. If you want more or less material you simply dial the auger up or down to change your flow rate without changing your spreader width. The 1875 will save you a time and material while offering your customer excellent service. The picture above is an 1875 with 2450 lbs of material in a 1/2 ton truck.