1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow ex or fisher?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by LawnProLandscapes, Jan 5, 2010.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

looking at getting a new spreader and just want input from folks that have used the Snow Ex SP1875 or the Fisher speedcaster 2 spreader. . . looked at some buyers and not impressed at all with the reviews on them, and would like the ability to spread sand as well, but i dont have bulk salt so a vee box is out of the question since i wont have bed space to store salt. leaning towards the fisher since im planning on switching to a xls blade for next year.

thanks

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Go with Fisher

My Pro Flo 2(Same thing just western) Work Great! You will never jam the spreader and spreads salt, sand, and 50/50!

3. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

Pro flo works very well and spreads wet or dry material. It is alittle heavy to remove from the truck yourself though. But if you do get it spend a little extra and get the better controller it will be worth it.

4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I can't speak for the Snow-ex, but I CAN speak for the Fisher. I have 2 of the western Pro Flow II's, and can say that they work excellent. As said above, they will spread anything and never log up. I would be a little leery of the auger set up and inverted V thing. With the nice wide conveyor, there is no drag and no clogging. as far as controllers, we just use simple on/off switches and have plenty of power going to them for high throw distance. Between the adjustable chute opening and speed of the truck, that is all the variable that is needed.

5. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

I would also look in to an Air-Flo Mss spreader. I bought a older used one and it's sill in great shape becuase it's all stainless. I made my own mount so it sits half in the bed of the truck and half on a revicer hitch. It spreads anything you put in it and because it's all stainless will last for many years to come.

6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

SnowEx

I own three 1875 units and they are great. Been running them six seasons and not had a single issue.