1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex mini pro 575

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by clncut, Feb 28, 2008.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I have the opportunity to buy this spreader. I know its late in the season but I have been searching around for one next year. I will be doing mostly smaller lots and driveways. It is a used spreader. A good friend of mine said he has seen the spreader and says its practicaly brand new. Seller states it was used only 2 hrs and has only minor rust by the spinner due to no one cleaning it out after its 1 time use. Im going to go look at it next week. The seller stated he needed to get rid of it due to lack of room for storage. I offered 450.00 cash and he accepted.

What do you guys think? What should I look for when I go take a look at it? This will be my first spreader.

John

2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Nice find! My 575 is junk! 5 years old and guys offer me $500 and its not even up for sale! Sounds like a good price!

3. clncut

Anyone else care to add anything? I talked to the guy today and the lowest he said he could go was 450.00 cash.

J

4. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

If you don't buy it I will.
    That is an axcellent price even if used for a season. They are great spreaders.

5. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

Jump on it. You'll love it. It does include the wiring harness and controller, right?

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

buy it we have one and they are nice spreaders and throw bagged product pretty good

7. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Buy it thats one third of the cost new, mine will spread bulk salt with no problems, oh buy the way i fab mine so i can tilt mine out of the way and open my tailgate.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  8. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

You said TILT not swing rite?! I would like a pic of that I wanted to do that to mine.

I would go for it. If it truly is like brand new thats a great deal. I got an OLD one with the cable operated slide gate that needed a lot of work and had no wiring. But it's still a great piece of equipment.

9. DJ Contracting

Yes sir i said tilt it's sunny out side i'll go hook it up and show you brb.

10. DJ Contracting

Well I'll have to wait to see if my daughter brought her camera home from school seeing how i just dropped mine in a puddle of water :realmad: getting into my truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I paid $600 for mine used.........

12. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

now your making feel bad :( You didn't need to do it immediately.

13. clncut

Yes, the price (450.00) includes everything. I figure even if I dont get any salting accounts next year I could probably sell it and make some money off of it.

14. DJ Contracting

Yeah the camera is junk now anyway i did take pictures with my daughters camera and when she gets back to school she can load them on her computer and e-mail them to me seeing how she did not bring her cable with her, i have been wanting a new camera anyway just not this soon.

15. DJ Contracting

Here it is

Here you go AbsoluteH&L and anybody else that wants to have their mini 575 tilt.

SnowEX mini575 003.jpg

SnowEX mini575 004.jpg

SnowEX mini575 002.jpg

SnowEX mini575 006.jpg

16. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

nice upgrade.....

17. Jeff_eac

Jeff_eac Junior Member

$450 is a great deal for that. I bought 1 for $475 a couple years ago and it was four years old then. It still works great. I've been looking for another for my other truck all year but I haven't been able to find anything close to that price. Buy it, or send me the contact info so I can :)

18. DJ Contracting

Yeah i set it up like the Beyers SUV tailgate spreaders that TSC sells.