1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow ex/ lesco spreader help

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Mattsautobody, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Mattsautobody

Mattsautobody Member

I have a Lesco commercial Plus spreader (sand load 500) same as a snow ex i've been told. Anyways, I finally made a hitch mount frame for it and wired up the controller. when it turns on, it does a momentary self test of the auger and spinner, but the auger doesn't turn and the spinner quits, the displays say OL on them, if you cycle the power, same thing... any thoughs? i was thinking a weak ground on the spreader. any thoughts?

2. ctbman

ctbman Member

Snow ex/lesco

iT SOUNDS TO ME THAT YOU HAVE THE BLACK WIRE ON THE MOTOR GROUNDE TO FRAME.THESE THINGS ARE TOUCHY RUN THAT BLACK DIRECTLY TO THE BATTERY. MINE DID THE EXACT SAM THING WHEN IM INSTALLED IT. LET ME KNOW IF THIS HELPS

3. sledneck24x

sledneck24x Senior Member

Mine is wired directly to my battery but My problem sounds similar I think. "I just bought a Lesco commercialplus spreader (I posted to Snowex because everyone says they are the same) So I wired it up and I put 50lbs of salt in it and then I went to test it. So it will spread for a second then stop then spread then Stop altogether unless I turn on and off then it does the same Thing. Control flashes when the motor finally stops altogether. So i was looking for some help. Does anyone know where I can get parts for the spreader"
    Thanks Jon

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011