1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex in nj?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bobcatnj, Nov 13, 2005.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj Member
    from NJ

anyone know any snow ex dealers in NJ? central NJ would be the best

2. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

we are a snowex dealer in toms river

3. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Don't buy Snowex

4. bobcatnj

bobcatnj Member
    from NJ

why?whats wrong with snowex

5. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Well, let me just say that I have had two snowex products in the past. The first was a Sandpro. It ran ok, but I only ran dry bagged salt through it. The next product I bought was the VEEPRO 800, 8000 or something with an 8 in it. If you do a search under the VeePro, you will see that I started out happy with it..........and then the gremlins came out. I started posting these problems and I opened up a huge can of worms with everyone else on here about it. No one really had a nice thing to say about their experience with both the products AND the customer support from TRYNEX. Only a few with satisfied with their product. It should be the other way around, some unhappy, but the majority should be happy.
    I have found that when you buy equipment, buy what everyone else uses and likes. You do not want to be the guinea pig for these companies testing out their products.

6. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

There are more threads here recently praising SnowEx. I don't understand why. The SandPro 1875 is junk. I took care of mine (cleaned, lubed, kept emptied stored inside) and still burned out 3 auger motors. Dealer jerked me around then Trynex rep stopped returning their calls. Dealer doesn't sell SnowEx anymore. Not to mention you have to drill the Sh:realmad:T out of your bed and bumper to install. The only reason I bought was for swing away mount so I could get at my snowblower. I now own a Fisher Speedcaster II with under bumper mount. No problems, no unsightly mounting hardware. No extra holes to rust. I can't remove it during my route so I just bought a lighter snowblower instead. One more tip. If you're usiong a tailgate spreader leave your tailgate at home.;)