1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex HD plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BerkleyLand, Nov 16, 2015.

1. BerkleyLand

BerkleyLand Junior Member

We just ordered our first Snow Ex 8000HD plow for an F250. I guess this is the first year for them. Our dealer said that Snow ex purchased Blizzard from Douglas and discontinued the name of Blizzard. Supposedly it pretty much the same thing as Blizzard plows with a couple of things that have been tweaked. It looks super strong and the mounting looks like a breeze. However, I do realize it is the first year and there may be some hiccups. Has anyone else heard anything about these plows? Good or bad?

Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well just to clarify.
    DD BOUGHT snowex.
    DD owns, western, fisher, blizzard, now Snowex.

3. BerkleyLand

BerkleyLand Junior Member

I just saw that on their website. My rep clearly hasn't been updated. Did blizzard get dissolved into Snow Ex then? or is the rep and idiot on that also

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Technically, blizzard got dissolved in to western/fisher when DD bought them in like 07_08.

5. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Cant really give a review of something that just came out.....Guess you will be the test donkey.....Pretty Mulch a Blizzard with some changes to the mounting system and a few other minor mods....Good Luck and always plow with the wind............:drinkup: