1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex Controller

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by born2farm, Apr 23, 2011.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Well I just bought a used Snow Ex 1075, but of course I need the controller. Is there a brand out there that will hold up a little better then the snow ex one? Has anyone built there own? Looking for options. I have all summer to fix it.
  2. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Try Karroer company. I am thinking of getting one from them for my SP6000. Guy here talked me in to getting a vibrator from the and love it.Have been tpld there controllers are way better then the stock units.
  3. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Just used a toggle switch. Installed 80lb vibrator to the same toggle since we run treated salt. We did upgrade the wireing since everything runs off the single toggle.
  4. born2farm

the only problem I am worried about is going from ice melts to rock salt and drives to lots. wont i need more speed control?
  5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I'd definitely recommend a variable controller. A switch and solenoid would be fine if all you're doing is wide open lots, but in tighter spaces you don't want to be blasting cars, salting the grass, etc. Another vote for Karrier. :nod:
  6. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

We only use this one on the small lots/condo's etc. Ie : Usually 1.5/2 car wide roads it has awesome coverage with bulk treated salt. Flow control is governed by truck speed. We just kept it simple, and it cost $5 bucks.

If you need the control, Karrier is the way to go. Little harder to get up here, but thats why I have a US mailbox for shipments
  7. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

ussmileyflag you need speed control.... it will pay for itself in saved salt without control you waste to much salt and you cant do drive ways for sure without ... i have run snowex for years and have not had a controler problem i take mine out of truck after season and putt in gun safe till next year i do have a spare just in case .. bought on ebay in off season for 60.00 bucks if you have snowex wireing harness i would just get snowex control i have had great luck i guess.... with mine ... good luck .....:drinkup:
  8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

9. born2farm

Definitly going to look hard at the Karrier. I do nto have a wiring harness just the spreader side plug, so no matter what I buy, I will be building up a harness. For the price it is hard to spend the money on a Snow Ex controller thats none to fail when the Karrier is much cheaper.
  10. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I have a couple extra harnesses & controllers for the 1075. If you are interested then give me a call. 317-714-7775. Maybe we can work out a deal. Thanks Richie