1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex controller problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Trane365, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Trane365

Trane365 Member

i have a snowEx 575 with a veriable speed controller that keeps shutting down on what i think is an internal overload. it does it under a load faster like within about a minute of run time verses no load it will kick off in about 10 minutes of run time. any suggestions on possible causes?

2. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Either your motor is dying or the controller is bad. If it's under warranty you can get the parts tested and replaced. If it's not, you can take it your local dealer and have them test it to determine if you have to replace the parts. But I would start with the motor and transmission, make sure those are in good standing and then look at the controller.

3. Trane365

Trane365 Member

Thanks for the reply. i should have mentioned that replaced the motor and trans and still have the same problem. ordered a new controller and also replaced the plug ends on the truck and spreader. going to replace the circuit breaker first and keep the new controller with me so i can at least try to rule out what the problem is and not just replace everything and not really figure it out. thanks again for your help.