1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow ex controller D 5225

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Yukondean, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Yukondean

Yukondean Member

I bought a used, supposedly in good shape Snowex 7500.
    When I put it together, the controller blinked a couple of time and now nothing. It has good power but no lights, nothing.
    Can these D5225 controllers be fixed or can I buy an inexpensive 12 DC controller just for the auger, which is all I need it for

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did you hook the power wire up to a fused source? I'd Ck the fuse first. How about the ground? And the power and ground input at the back of the controller?

3. Yukondean

Yukondean Member

I did, thanks.
    I took the controller right out of the truck, and took the cover off. Then I checked that I had 13 volts inside the controller at the place the red and black wire go onto the circuit board.
    Does the controller have to be grounded? Not just the power plug plugged in?

4. dieselss

No, the controller itself does not have to be grounded.

Sometimes the switches themselves go bad, try probing for power at the on off switch.

5. Yukondean

Yukondean Member

Finally got an "EO" code, which I understand to be faulty connection to motor.
    I cut off and soldered all the connections so there is a direct connection to the controller. Still no luck.
    Are there repair facilities for controllers or another idea how to get this running?

6. Yukondean

Yukondean Member

I did test the switches, they are good. I even changed the on/off switch with the viberator switch to be sure, still no luck.
    I did wire the motor directly to the battery, it worked fine, same with the viberator. So I am convinced it is the controller

7. dieselss

There's a guy on eBay that rebuilds them. Try that.

I hope you saved the connectors that you cut, in an emergency soldering is not quick

8. Yukondean

Yukondean Member

I should have said that I am not using it for salt.
    I have a gold mine in the Klondike. ( yes, right beside where they film " Gold Rush" We are putting pay dirt in it so it can auger it into the gold room.
    The Snowex 7500 is mounted on a steel frame and carried by a Cat loader, so we just need the augar and viberator to work.