1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow-ex control box problem

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DBL, Dec 11, 2006.

1. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

on one of our trucks snow ex 575 spreader the control box is not spinning the spreader. when the spreader is hooked up to 12v it spins. then we hook 12v up to the box and you only get about 10 to come out of the back of the box whats wrong with this thing does anyone know
  2. PTLandscapeCO.

PTLandscapeCO. Junior Member

had the same problems with all the snow ex the contracter i use to sub with had,they got rid of them all and got westerns snow ex sucks always had soem kind of electric issues
  3. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Control box issue

Sorry to hear that you having trouble Tom. So if I understand, the issue is you put battery voltage (when the truck is not running) into the controller and you are getting only 10 volts at the spreader when it is not loaded. Right?

Things to check:

What gauge wire is in your harnesses and how long is each harness section?: from the battery to the controller? controller to the bumper? bumper to the spreader motor? If I have this information I can calculate the expected voltage drop across the system.

Are the connections clean? Dirty connections rob the voltage your motor needs
    Are the connectors corroded? If so they need replaced.
    Check the connectors at the back of the controller to make sure they are in good condition.
    Check the connectors where the spreader harness plugs into the motor lead-wires.

Our technical support number is 800-709-4434. Please call with questions.

If all this is in great condition you may need a new controller. The Omega 1030 controller is a great product that will give your spreader new life. If you harness needs replaced Karrier Company offers the Rhino 1030 for your application. You'll get more voltage to the motor and features that will make your spreader run great.

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

all the wire is the stock stuff out of the box

i may have it warrentied i talked to the sales rep who sold it to me and he talked to the shop where i got it and hes trying to pull up the info i only got it half way through last season brand new

MRUSSELL Member

snow x controller

just had the same type of thing happen a week ago with mine, went to turn it on and nothing happned my switch did not even light up, i had to wire up a toggle switch for temp. mine was under warranty only a year old
  6. Bob Church

Bob Church Member

Warranty Work

Isn't warranty great! They give you a new controller just like the one that burnt out. You'd think that the new controller would come with a warranty too. So when it burns out and your broke down "again" you should get another new one that comes with...more warranty!

At what point is the free one not worth the headache?

Contractors just like you asked us for a controller that would work longer than the warranty period. We responded with the Omega brand. Omega controllers are a high tech piece of equipment specifically designed to deliver superior performance and reliability at an affordable price.

Here's a question for you; What's better than warranty? Reliability.