1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow EX 8000 Vs. Salt Dogg 2000

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Banshee, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Banshee

Banshee Junior Member

Need a new electric polymer salt spreader this season for a 3/4 ton Dodge. I have been researching these 2 brands for the last couple of weeks. I get a lot of different feed back when talking to salesmen, servicemen and guys who own both. Some good some bad. wondering what you guys think. I'm leaning towards the Snow EX - not a big fan of Buyers brands. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.
  2. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes Senior Member

Banshee I have the snowex 8500 sander and it is great.I have put everything through it and it handles it fine.the only downside is i have to buy another vibrator and put it on the right rear because even with one vibrator going which is in the front it doesnt get all the material out of the back.and i like the controller where i can change spreader widhts and auger speed.
    if any more questions just ask
  3. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

I have both and the salt dogg just seems to work better. I actually just sold my snow ex and bought 2 more salt dogg 2000's. Now if you want to spend the money on the snow ex 8500 I would say to go with that. My brother has one and works great, maybe slightly better than mine, but not much. For the price difference almost $6000 for the 8500 and only $2950 for the salt dogg i'll stick with that I got!