1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex 7550

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by spiviter, Dec 18, 2010.

1. spiviter

spiviter Member
    from chicago

I am looking at buying one in the next couple of weeks, If you have one are you having any problems ??? I am going to step up from my 575 which has already has about 100 tons thru it and think it need a break now...

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

100 Tons?! You mean over its life span right?

3. spiviter

spiviter Member
    from chicago

ya I run 20-25 tons a year thru it on avarge for the 5 years I have owened it.

4. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Did you buy one? If so, let me know how it works.

5. northernjim

northernjim Junior Member

Do not bother with the Snow Ex. Price and the way Snow Ex works....price a Salt Dogg. Heard too many good things about Salt Dogg. I have the 6000 and 8000 from Snow Ex. I can't give it away here. I can only get these spreaders to spread 10-15' to the one side. I have also gone thru 4 control boxes. I thought I had a black cloud over me, til I talked to other guys with the same products. SHOP AROUND!!!!

6. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking hard at the Salt Dogg 2 yarder. I'm sick of dealing with our gas V boxes!