1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex 7500

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by snowpusher tim, Feb 14, 2009.

1. snowpusher tim

snowpusher tim Junior Member
    from MN

I was wondering the people that have or have used Sno Ex 7500 how they like them. I have a Buyers T-gate spreader, don't like it. On this Sno Ex, can I run straight rock salt though it? I can get straight rock salt for market price and treated for 36 a ton. Is this a good spreader for rock salt? Can anyone give me a general ballpark on a ton of salt will cover? I know there is alot of factors, I need a ballpark idea.
  2. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

Treated salt for $36/ton?

Wanna be my new best friend?
  3. snowpusher tim

snowpusher tim Junior Member
    from MN

I called around and found a guy in Prior Lake, MN. He"ll sell bulk salt at market price and treat it with mag'cal for $36 a ton. I thought good deal. You know anything about the Sno Ex 7500?
  4. holleys

holleys Junior Member

I would buy 20 tons of it and store it before he changes his mind! $36/treated ton is CHEAP
  5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

You guys are missing what he is saying. He still has to pay market price for the salt, plus an additional 36 dollars per ton to have it treated.
  6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, exactly what is the salt going to be treated with ? Magic, Geo melt what ever....
    Most treated salt will get you roughly 3 acres a ton coverage. Thats a ball park
    Not sure how mag, cal works :confused:
    Mag treated salt, or cal treated salt will cut down usage as well, but I am not sure how much. Highly corrosive too.
    The beauty of the Magic, Ice ban, Geo melt treated salts is you do get a better residual, then straight white salt. So on your next plow and salt, you should not need as much, to get great results.
  7. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

I have a Vee Pro 8000 and I

have had great luck with it. Will spread about 70%salt 30% sand with an additional vibrator, bulk salt goes through with no problem. There are some that have had controller issues, but knock on wood, mine has been trouble free. The ability to remove the spinner while plowing is also a plus. Thumbs up from my perspective,
  8. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

i have the 8500 and love it... only use rock salt. Have to run the vibrater at all times, but other than that it works great!
  9. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 7500. I usually run bulk salt, but sometimes 50/50 salt sand. $36/ton to treat? ouch.
    I paid $8/ ton just once. Now i treat the salt myself. A little 5gpm pump and a medium size
    tank and my salt gets pre-wetted as it is spread. No more greasy salt in the hopper.