1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex 575

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Bad Luck, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Looking at getting one.

Comments suggestions???????

Going on a 1/2 ton Silverado. Best price thus far $1049.99.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think these are fine for small areas. You can only spread bagged material. All salters have to be cleaned after every use and well maintained. You have to be willing to load all the bags into your truck and fill the salter often but salting is very easy money and there is a lot of profit. We started with a 2 stage Air-Flow but only run V box salters now.

3. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I got one last year. I paid 1099.00 for it and it works well. A couple of time after loading the salt I had to get out of the truck on turn the spinner by hand to loosen up the salt a little. Other than that it has worked well for me. I only have small lots that I use them on.

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

theres a used one on ebay in pa

5. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I have the bigger SP-1075 with the swing mount for sale in Dayton Oh if you are interested. I am asking $1050 obo and it was only used for two seasons. The spreader works perfectly and is much easier to use than the 575. My dad uses the smaller one with the hitch mount and its a pain to load skids or get your snow blower out of the bed. If you're interested call 937-604-0272 or e-mail at fortydegnorth@yahoo.com

6. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

I bought my 1075 last year at the Power Show in Columbus, Ohio for $1099. It is a swing away. Added another one last year. I bought it used for $400 and it is also swing away. It looked brand new. The 1075 is a nice unit. They spread evenly and seem to hold up pretty good. We put over 30,000 pounds through the new one so far. Occasionally had to jump out and spin the auger to get it moving, but our salt has a blend of rock and I got a batch with some larger gravel. I think the gravel got it clogged, not the salt. Good luck with your decision.