1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex 575 Running Backwards

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Master Brain, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Master Brain

Master Brain Junior Member

Hello, Just bought minni 575 used, The guy said he had motor rebuilt, showed it worked
    took it home wired up the truck hooked spreader on and tried out and found out motor
    is turnning wrong way. Can I open up the motor and change magnets or brushes inside
    the unit to rotate oppisite way? Thank you for any response.
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

My Boss did that when it was new. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't spreading. Just find a connection point either at the motor or plug and reverse the wires, that should take care of it.
  3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

wont it still spread salt cuz of the guard and cuz the funnel part where the salt comes thru is in the middle? [​IMG] out there, i know its snowing!
  4. Master Brain

Master Brain Junior Member

Auger runs backwards, spinner backwards auger not pulling in salt but pushing upward
    so not much getting on the spinner. found the problem hope to get in running now.
    That you for all the input we will test again hope it works.