1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow ex 575, or Snow ex 1075

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by TSherman, Nov 14, 2010.

1. TSherman

TSherman Member

I am looking at one of these 2 spreaders for my F250. I won't really need to capacity of either too often as the bigger trucks and spreader work fine. I do smaller stuff with this truck and just looking to speed things up a little when I am not plowing, just salting for the ice storms.

The 1075 is on the table for the ability to "swing away". Is this feature very solid? I want to be able to swing away to grab a snow blower as needed. The salt is easy enough to stack over the side for my brother and I. I assume I would use about a pallet +/- each storm getting around, but most places are right around my shop.

Thanks for your input.
  2. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

I run several snowex spreaders with swing-away gates and they are worth it. So easy to load or unload anything.
  3. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I have both. Neither have a swing. But now that i have a flatbed i only use the 1075 and use the 575 as backup. The 575 is light enough that if its empty you can take off by yourself to load drop the gate and load salt.
  4. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

I like my 1075. the swing away is solid (a pain to install though) you just can't swing it with a salt in it
  5. TSherman

TSherman Member

I went with the 575, Figured it was fine for what I have to do with it. Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice.
  6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Good choice

You made a great choice. You should get many years of service out of that unit. Remember, you can make more money out of the back of your truck with your SnowEx spreader than you will with the plow.

Let it snow!