1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex 575 mini pro

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by nepatsfan, Aug 17, 2010.

1. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

Does anyone run a sand salt mix through this spreader? I bought one at the end of last year and never used it. It says you can run bulk salt but not sand/salt but I didn't know if it could be done. Thanks

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

You can with a vibrator, but you'd be better off with a 2-stage spreader. The sand will tend to bridge in the hopper without a vibrator on a single stage spreader.

3. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

Is that something that would come stock on it or an after market part? I have never used a tailgate spreader before. I dont think it has a vibrator

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Your 575 didn't come with a vibrator but you can easily install one. Any place that sells spreaders will be able to get you setup with what you need.

5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

Thanks a lot. I looked into it today. I wonder if I should sell this little toy spreader and get a real one. It seems like a lot of people don't have much luck spreading sand/salt mix out of this unit even with the vibrator.

6. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

They have their place, but as I said earlier, if you're spreading sand, you're better off with a 2-stage spreader.