1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow ex 3000

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by WildRidge, Feb 3, 2007.

1. WildRidge

WildRidge Member

What does everyone think about this spreader? I am looking for a v-box, thinking salt dogg of snow ex but not sure what the perfect size would be. The most salt we have put down at one time this year was 1.25 tons of salt. Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

go buy a real spreader thats got balls, for same price. nowex are nice tailgate but if your going to drop the money on a v-box get omething that can handle bulk material.
  3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

you can get a Snowex 6000 for a couple hundred $$ more it has a one yard capacity....it will spread anything when set up right
  4. jj112

jj112 Junior Member

I bought a Salt Dogg poly/electric 2 ton model this year. I have put 10 tons through it so far this year. It costs at least 1500 less than Snow-ex. Go with the Salt Dogg, I love mine.