1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex 1875. value?

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by IC-Smoke, Jan 27, 2011.

1. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Hey gang Im looking at a used but working 1875. Any idea what its worth?

here are a couple photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks!!
    Ian

2. stonewellmark

stonewellmark Member

Looks like the truck plugs are missing...the one at the rear of truck that the spreader actualy plugs into. Doesnt have a mount either, If its all there otherwise: inverted-v, baffle, top screen, and lid, Id say $800-$1000 maybe more if the pictures arent showing its best side ;-) But Id want to stay on the lower side for sure. Best of luck.

3. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the heads up. I think I will make my own mount for the spreader... somewhat like the boss quick attach. Currently the bid is 410.00 and 20 min left in the auction.

Thanks
    Ian

4. stonewellmark

stonewellmark Member

just so ya know the inverted v is $150, it would be real tricky to make and make right. so keep that in mind. If ya win it and would like I'll shoot some photos of my homemade hitch mount. I also have a partial hinge mount if your interested.....

5. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

6. stonewellmark

stonewellmark Member

Yeah its real easy...I think SnowEx stole my design...lol . 3 years ago when I got mine used they didnt offer a hitchmount for the 1875. $420 is a great deal. Order the inverted v...you'll need it. check out:
    http://www.rcpw.com/snow-plow-parts/lookup/snowex/tailgate-salt-spreaders/1875.html for parts if you dont have a dealer close by. As far as the mount I bolted the cross bars at the back of the spreader to verticle angle iron 2"x3" on each side, then welded them to another piece of 2"x3" angle thats horizontally situated, this sets on the bumper. Then welded 2x2square stock to that angle down to hitch hieght, cut at 45 angle, then weld remaining piece to go into hitch. Finally, I welded a piece of flat stock 3/8" x2" to sides of uprights, drilled 1" hole in them and attached tiedown straps to the holes which head forward to the middle stake pocket on the bed. I figured by doing it this way the hitch and bumper sort of hol the wieght, but the bumper keeps it from rocking side to side. Ill take photos tommarow.

7. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up! Do you have any photos of it? Is the inverted V a tool to help the material from bridging in the hopper? Could you make it easily? Im thinking you could use a piece of stainless in a press brake.... but does it have threaded rod on each end that go out the sides to hold it?

Thanks again for the help!!

Ian

8. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I was watching that salter today but its been on there before so I assume somebody was not happy with it or they bid it up themselves and had to resell it. Also said there may be electrical issues, hope it works out in your favor. I would have bought it for $400, almost put a $500 bid in during the last 20 minutes but decided against it.

9. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

How long ago did you see it on the site? 450 was my max on it so it was close! and you would have had a spreader! Ill have to put a little work into it but that wont be a issue. I currently have a old school buyers 600lb that I have had for quite a few years and its time to retire and send it down the road! I really need a sand spreader for my dirt drives so hopefully this one will work out. Ill know more Saturday!

I have found that repocast seems to go for top dollar on the stuff being sold (or the stuff I watch) I dont know if the people dont check current prices or figure in the added selling percentages? Maybe they just get in the bidding hype :confused:

10. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Had to be 3 or 4 weeks ago I think. I was bidding on a lot of 20 light bars a few weeks ago, the last 20 minutes it was at like $300 so I bid $900 and still lost them. I'm pretty sure the seller of the items can and do bid their own stuff up so yea, you gotta know what to spend and when to stop bidding. It says right in one of those auction sites that the owners have the right to bid on their own stuff to protect their investment which I think is a bunch of bs.
    I'm pretty sure you can go and look up previous auctions but I don't know how far back you can go.

11. x.system

x.system Senior Member

12. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up..... got me wondering now:eek::confused: I wonder why the deal didnt go through....:confused:

grim/snow must be the owner? I see he/she bid up on that auction, same as today....

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  13. x.system

x.system Senior Member

When you pick it up ask them why so many parts are going through more than once, I'd be interested to know their responce. That other snow ex was also in that last auction and I think that snowdogg pusher went through at least twice, if not 3 times. That 7' back blade also went through twice.

I think you still got a good deal. If the owner was bidding it up it would have to have been user sonyavdz unless this guy defaulted on the previous auction.

14. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Thanks X!
    I will ask them. The last auction I won on repocast was Parlin's furniture out of Battle Creek and it was in a empty warehouse off site.... I dont think anyone working had a clue what was going on :eek:

Im a little nervous about the spreader now.... Oh well Ill just have to wait and see. The snow tonight might screw up my road trip plans to go pick it up :realmad:

15. stonewellmark

stonewellmark Member

I forgot to get photos 2day.....will get them 2marow! Sorry The inverted v would be easy to build if you had 1 to duplicate. Its just that an inverted v hat bolts to the vibrator plat ( that is in the hopper on you pics) and also to both sides of the hopper. ill take photos with a tape measeure so as you'll have basic measurements. If the controller is shot get a Karrier brand controller.

16. stonewellmark

stonewellmark Member

Hey hope these help out a little.

sander1.jpeg

sander2.jpeg

sander3.jpeg

sander4.jpeg

sander5.jpeg

17. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Thanks Mark!!! Can you take any closer photos of the inverted V if you get a chance? so the V helps vibrate the material then?

Im pretty sure the "wiring issue" is related to not having any spreader side plugs :eek::laughing:

I touched both the auger, spreader, and vibrator wires to a 12V battery and they worked great!

I need to figure out the wiring mess but that shouldnt be a huge problem.... although I'm pretty sure they gave me a wiring harness to a different spreader as well (see photo)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

continued.....

Does the Serial Number indicate year manufactured by any chance?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the extra harness.... I dont think it is the correct one for the salter?
    [​IMG]

I asked the ladies at the office about the "relisting" and they said they have had a lot more people back out of sales and a small rise in people raising the reserves.

Time to head to the garage and tear this thing down to blast and paintThumbs Up

Thanks again guys for the help!

19. stonewellmark

stonewellmark Member

yeah the extra harness doesnt look like the right one, but it just may be the plugs they have on it. keep it ya never know. I'll get some more photos 2marrow. Id make sure it works with salt sand in it 1st before sinking $ in it cleaning it up.

20. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Nice score, it looks better than their pics showed it. That second harness looks like power, spreader speed. I can't see it all but it looks identical to the 575 harness. It has the factory plug and cap. The other harness probably runs the vibrate and auger speed? How many plugins on the back of the controller?